Is the Legalization of Marijuana Targeting Our Youth?

Home ADVICE EXCHANGE Survey Forums Is the Legalization of Marijuana Targeting Our Youth?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SurveyInsiders TeamSurveyInsiders
    Keymaster

Use this thread to discuss the survey “Is the Legalization of Marijuana Targeting Our Youth?”

Liam Davisldavis
    Participant

While I strongly support the legalization of marijuana, as a new father, I have concerns about the potential influence of marketing tactics on my daughter. I worry that products such as cannabis-infused gummies, and other similar inventions designed to pique the interest of children, could have a similar impact to the flavored cigarettes I encountered as a child or the current trend of flavored e-cigarettes.

Emma Johnsonemmaj
    Participant

Hi Liam, we are on the same page with this. It seems so obvious that these new ads are targeting teens and worse, kids even younger. I am also of the era when you could buy the gum that looked like a cigarette. I have noticed though that stores around me have really cracked down on selling cigarettes to anybody without ID. They even scan their license. So hopefully, that will deter underage kids from being able to buy the gummy drugs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.